Monday, December 3, 2018

Why This Food Blog?

Why This Food Blog?

My typical home cooked dishes

It has been my longest conceived dream to write a blog about the food I learned to cook from my mom and the food I love to cook and eat.

This 2018 year end school holiday gives me the chance to start compiling the lovely wholesome recipes. My intention is to provide a reference point to my kids later when they are living far away from home.

I remember those campus days of calling my mom whenever the urge to cook and eat her home cooked food came. Be it day or night, I would call and jot down her recipes. Sometimes a few times a day! Especially when I couldn't get the exact familiar taste. Usually this is due to one or two missing ingredients! Hahaha!!

Being in a mixed parentage family, we are versatile eaters. My mom says I eat anything except stones and wood! Hihihi. When I was little, dad used to feed me with  his own spoon whatever he wanted me to try eat. I remember he fed me python meat  (thankfully minus the skin!) which tasted like chicken meat but more tender. Why is this gesture important to me? For those who know my dad, he is not the type who would say or do tender nothings into your ears. So, the fact that he was willing to do so is still endearing to me. This symbolizes what he would do to get me venture out into this world and savour every experience I encounter.


No comments:

Post a Comment